ASEAN Science, Technology and Innovation Fund (ASTIF)
The ASEAN Science, Technology, and Innovation Fund (also known as ASEAN Science Fund, or ASTIF) was established for the purpose of providing seed financing for the various programmes, projects and activities under ASEAN science and technology cooperation, as identified and approved by the ASEAN Committee on Science, Technology, and Innovation.
The ASTIF is mainly built up from contributions by the member countries of ASEAN. However, contributions from third parties are welcome. For example, New Zealand, a Dialogue Partner of ASEAN, has made a contribution to the ASTIF.
Management and utilization of the ASTIF is the responsibility of COSTI. An Advisory Body on the ASEAN Science Fund (ABASF) assists COSTI in establishing the guidelines and procedures for utilization of the Fund, and reviewing project proposals requesting support from the Fund.
Areas for 2017 Call:
- Development of policies, guidelines, mechanisms and frameworks;
- Conduct of road-mapping and foresight studies;
- Development of machinery/services for data sharing and networking;
- Conduct of capacity building and/or sharing of experience; and
- Development of public awareness and STI enculturation plans and conduct of awareness/enculturation events.
Areas for 2018 call:
- Energy and water
- Food and biotechnology
- Biomedical and healthcare
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- ICT applications
- Relevant enabling innovation for science and technology