Terms of Reference
The Sub-Committee on Sustainable Energy Research seeks to develop and enhance the capabilities of ASEAN member countries in natural gas utilization technology, biomass/biogas technology, clean coal technology, solar/wind/micro-hydro energy technology and energy efficiency technology. The sub-committee aims to undertake research, development, and demonstration projects in energy technologies and management in the above priority areas.
Priority Areas for 2007-2011:
- New and renewable/alternative energy such as biomass, solar and fuel cell
- Energy and environment technology such as clean coal and natural gas
- Industrial energy technology such as cogeneration and energy management of buildings
- To undertake R&D technology transfer and commercialization of various non-conventional and alternative energy sources (natural gas utilization technology, biomass/biogas technology, clean coal technology, solar/wind/micro-hydro energy technology and energy efficiency technology);
- To foster and strengthen Intra-ASEAN activities in the priority areas;
- To strengthen information network/database for exchange and dissemination within and outside ASEAN;
- To strengthen institutions and centres of excellence.