Sub-Committee on Food Science and Technology (SCFST) – Terms reference & Projects
SCFST shall be responsible for all aspects of management, coordination, evaluation and implementation of ASEAN regional projects related to food science and technology as outlined in the various science and technology developments and plans of action of ASEAN, including ASEAN Plan of Action on Science, Technology and Innovation (APASTI) 2016-2025 supportive of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) Blueprint 2025, ASEAN Declaration on Innovation and those concluded between ASEAN and its Dialogue Partners and external parties.
The priority areas of SCFST for the period of 2016-2025 are:
- Functional food
- Food safety and quality
- Application of emerging technologies
- Post-harvest technology
The specific objectives of SCFST for the period of 2016-2025 are:
- Implement cooperation activities in scientific projects that maximize mechanisms for enabling country participation in accordance with current and potential capabilities.
- Establish increased interactions between food scientists and private sector in order to strengthen the outcome of scientific cooperation, and promote higher level of intra-ASEAN collaboration.
- Develop cooperation with international dialogue partner(s) in priority areas of food science and technology.
- Establish database for exchange of information and enhance technology transfer.
To be updated